Complete Isolation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion, contribution, and creative forum for the development of the indie RPG Maker horror game, Complete Isolation

We have started the main development of Complete Isolation, which you can follow via live broadcasting at: https://www.youtube.com/user/AestheticGamer

You are not connected. Please login or register

Complete Isolation Art Needs (Drawn Scene Art & Character Portraits)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AestheticGamer

AestheticGamer
Admin

One of the big reasons that I went crowdfunding for Complete Isolation was because of my lack of artistic talent, while I would love for art to be present in the game.

The two types of art that we need in Complete Isolation is 'scene' art (art that is used for full-screen effect during special scenes) and character 'portrait' art (character art to be displayed with text as they are talking).

Art for the game is pretty open in its deadline, and will be open up until a bit before release date (the current closing off date I am setting to December 4th, though that, like the release date, may change). However, if something is submitted I am going to use, that piece of art is no longer needed for the game.

I am willing to pay for artistic work. We are working with a low budget, and this is a freeware game that will not earn any money, so the prices aren't too high. Payment is done via PayPal, and the prices are $20 for a CG scene, $10 for a portrait. However, if you would like to do art for free and help leave the expenses for other areas in the project, you just need to say you'd like to contribute it for free.

All art will be credited under whatever name you would like to be credited for. You can use the artwork for anything else (portfolio, personal account, etc.), though I ask that you do not use the artwork until the game is released. Also by putting the art into the game, I will be including it in the digital Art Book which is only being released to people who funded the project for free.

Details

I will organize everything that is needed below in detail of what is needed from them. This topic will contain spoilers. I will rank each piece by importance with the following ranking scale: 
* -Not a need, more of a 'want'
** -It would be nice to have, to have this scene in detail
*** -A higher priority piece, that I would really want to have, but could work around not having.
**** -Absolutely need this in the game.

Scene Art or CG Art should be 544 x 416 pixels. That's how big the default game window is and how big the scene art in question should be. Character portraits should be somewhere around 200 x 300 pixels maximum. The actual pictures submitted can be bigger, but it would be nice to have the bigger version and then the compressed version to go with it (though please don't make it look super compressed).

On Art Style, I am pretty open to how things will look, individual artist style, but I do have a few rules and request. There should be a certain style to aim for, but I am aware and welcome people to put their own individual flairs into their art. However, I do want it to look fairly 'nice' looking, serious looking, with a sort of anime/manga style. I am no artist, I can't exactly explain, but I do have some things I can link to as basic examples.

These can be used for Style reference:
Visual Novels are always a safe bet to use as reference. 
Corpse Party
Crooked Man
Ib
Mad Father
13 sai no Hallo Work DS
999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
A Witch's Tale
Annie no Atelier
Apathy: Narugami Gakuen Toshi Densetsu Tantei Kyoku
AzuTama
(And many more!)

However, individual additions to style are welcome, but a series and somewhat professional or charmingly disturbing look is desired.

If a piece of art ends up not being used in the game, I will ask you personally if possible if it'd still be alright to use it in the art book.

Now then, what do we need right now? 

WHAT WE NEED: 

(last updated June 21st)

Right now we're near the start of developing the game, so CG scenes that involve very specific scenery will not be available to be drawn yet until after the scenes themselves are sprited. 

CG 'Scene' Art Currently Available

-Olivia Bath Scene (Rating = *)
An optional scene that can be triggered in the Manor location. The piece of art should show the back of Kiara's head as if she is entering into the bathroom (you can either include the door frame as a actual frame for the picture or just have the full picture be of the bathroom). The bathroom is composed of simple grey tiling, pure white walls, a single toilet, and a grey metal sink. However, this may all be fogged out and fully or mostly unseeable. However, there is a single shower that should be designed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The room should be foggy, and Olivia should be standing there in the direction of Kiara (and frontal to the direction of the pov). Her more sensitive 'features' should be fogged out, but it should be a rather fan-servicy scene. Olivia should look happy, and waving to Kiara (it goes with the dialogue, trust me, and the following scene that occurs with Peter. If a single artists wants to, they could take the exact same scene and just make Olivia and Peter interchangeable).

-Peter Bath Scene (Rating = *)
An optional scene that can be triggered in the Manor location. The piece of art should show the back of Kiara's head as if she is entering into the bathroom (you can either include the door frame as a actual frame for the picture or just have the full picture be of the bathroom). The bathroom is composed of simple grey tiling, pure white walls, a single toilet, and a grey metal sink. However, this may all be fogged out and fully or mostly unseeable. However, there is a single shower that should be designed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The room should be foggy, and Peter should be standing there in the direction of Kiara (and frontal to the direction of the pov). His more sensitive 'features' should be fogged out, but it should be a rather fan-servicy scene. Peter should be in a position where he is waving at Kiara (it goes with the dialogue, trust me, and the scene before this with Olivia. If a single artists wants to, they could take the exact same scene and just make Olivia and Peter interchangeable).

-Olivia & Kiara Getting Separated (Rating = **)
The scene should show from Kiara's perspective. They are outside at night. Kiara should be shown from the back of her head, or the side of her face, as she is faced towards a muddy and steep slope. At the top stands Olivia, signifying that she is headed into the dark forest located behind her to find another way down to Kiara. I'm fairly open to how this scene looks, just need Kiara looking up from the bottom of a steep, muddy slope, to Olivia at the top about to run into the dark forest.

-Peephole (Rating = **)
Should just be a picture of a wooden wall and a hole emitting light into a dark room, simply a peephole. That's really it, no characters, just a peephole.

-Aimee Sexual Assault Scene (Rating = ***)
The scene should be angled from the wall of a room, as this is being seen through a peephole. The room should be small and a bit messy, though there should be strangely no doors in or out of the room (making how this is happening questionable for those observant). Aimee should be forcibly on the ground as Howard looms over her, tightly holding her wrist somewhat upward from the ground. Howard should look a bit glazed, while Aimee should be crying and pinned down.

-Kiara Breakdown (Rating = ***)
I am fairly open to how this scene should look. The background should look somewhat old-castle like (stone walls and such) and if you angle it right, having a big window and some rainy/stormy weather outside. The whole environment should have a blue tint to it. Kiara needs to be shown in a state of total breakdown as she is sobbing to herself. Outside of that, pretty open to how this picture is done.

-Aimee Table Scene (Rating = ****)
Aimee should be in a darkened mad doctor's lab (open to interpretation of how this may look) where only a single light above illuminates Aimee, who is strapped down to a table. Her entire front (from her neck down all the way to her pelvis) is completely town open (Her skin and muscle flaps should be pulls back and pinned down with nails) with her innards on display, some leaking out a bit. Through the rest of her body are various tube-like things that are digging into her skin. She should be absolutely sobbing. The angle of the picture should allow this all to be shown, and Kiara should be absent from it.

-Melody Theater Opening Scene (Rating = ***)
This scene should take place from a near front-row seat in an exaggerated theater. The theaters appearance is open to interpretation, though it should look nightmarish, but somewhat beautiful. In the seats you can see figures of corpses sitting in them. The theater should be darkened, with the stage lights focused on Melody, who looks completely overflowed with joy at her big debut in theater. In the stage lights shining on her from the front, her shadow is casted on the curtain behind her, though one may notice there are shadows of twisted things of beings that cannot be seen.

-Melody Insane Game Scene (Rating = **)
This scene should take place with Kiara being bound to a theater seat chair from the side so that she is facing to the right of the picture from the left (a bit zoomed out). Kiara should look completely scared out of her mind. A corpse should be visible sitting in the seat behind her, and she should be sitting on an isle seat. Melody stands, crouched over a bit, in front of her, holding her chin. Melody is with an insane smile of amusement on her face. She is naked, but absolutely drenched in blood (not her own), and is covered up by her legs and her arm clenching Kiara's chin. In the background of the isle should stand several shadow figures, that appear to actually literally be shadows cast on the wall.

-Melody Death Scene (Rating = ****)
This scene should play out from the stage's perspective, viewing out into the audience. Lights shine from around the theater, making viewing out into the theater floor almost impossible and very obscured. Melody should be knelt down on her knees towards the audience. She still is naked and covered in blood, though she triumphantly holds a scalpel over her head while also raising her other arm. Her head is leaned back impossibly as she faces upward and a bit behind her. Even from back-slightly upward angle, we can see her neck is sliced open and an exaggerated amount of blood of spewing from her neck. Her expression should reek of pure insanitary bliss. Her shadow is no longer there, and instead from four different angles (or as many visible from the angle of the picture) stand four shadowy figures with lit-grins. The theater should be drawn still nightmarishly beautiful, and this should be somewhat similar to some fucked-up ritual.

Character Portrait Art will be updated to this topic pretty soon.

http://projectisolate.betaboard.net

keeper_of_the_triforce

keeper_of_the_triforce

Are we able to submit lineart (line work w/o color) and then someone else can color it in? I ask 'cus some people can draw but feel like their coloring is not adequate.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum