Complete Isolation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion, contribution, and creative forum for the development of the indie RPG Maker horror game, Complete Isolation

We have started the main development of Complete Isolation, which you can follow via live broadcasting at: https://www.youtube.com/user/AestheticGamer

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nightmares

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nightmares Empty Nightmares Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:22 pm

bagelbites101

bagelbites101

We've all had them, but here you can air them to the world and maybe discuss your nightmares with others. Feel free to talk about possible meanings within the dream or symbolism you connect with the content of the dream. This is talk about nightmares in general.

Please keep in mind what scares one person may not scare you.

If you think the dream is a bit more on the mature horror side, ask Ryan (A.K.A. Aesthetic) via personal message whether it would be alright to post.

2Nightmares Empty Re: Nightmares Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 pm

bagelbites101

bagelbites101

Okay, since no one seems to want to start, I guess I'll break the ice for this thread.

My usual terror-filled nightmares feature a horrifying creature (strangely elongated limbs, morphed limbs or faces, etc.) that chase me, attack me, or kill me. What makes it horrifying is that I can see both what's happening first-person and what's happening in third-person and both versions are me. Another thing that gets me is when I cannot face off against the creature or I'm boxed in and cannot escape, because then it just leads to a chase that never ends well. Smells also play into the fears alot, with disgusting/overpowering scents rolled into the monsters themselves.

Another type of nightmare that I have had involves my body being torn apart or sliced up, and I'm able to poke and prod my own wounds. It's a VERY weird nightmare and sends shivers up and down my spine. While there is no pain, it still scares me to the point where I'll wake up in a cold sweat.

One strange nightmare that I've had which left me feeling oddly disturbed was when I had been replaced by someone and no one could tell the difference. It felt almost like an out-of-body experience dream thing, with no one able to see me, even as I tried my hardest to get people's attention. When my closest family and friends accepted her so quickly and easily as me, I tried yelling out "No!", and started to force myself to wake up. It felt like there were weights on my limbs as I tried to get up, which made me freak out (in my half-asleep state).

When I finally came to, I was befuddled by both my realization that it was only a dream and the remnants of my fear. I've never had the nightmare again, so I'm assuming the fear that inspired it has been mostly contained or soothed.

3Nightmares Empty Re: Nightmares Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:36 pm

NurseUrsa

NurseUrsa

I had a strange dream when I was still in highschool. In my dream, I was attending a boarding school for girls. The scary part was the headmaster, a fat man who always wheeled around his drug addled, wheel chair bound wife. I guess on the surface, it was none too scary...but we couldn't leave the school after day 5 in the dream, the headmaster started walking around alone with this...rape face...and when I tried to wake up his wife, her head fell off. No blood came out, only dust.

Weird stuff, scary in dream, but when I woke up I wasn't too freaked out.
-.-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum