A discussion, contribution, and creative forum for the development of the indie RPG Maker horror game, Complete Isolation

We have started the main development of Complete Isolation, which you can follow via live broadcasting at: https://www.youtube.com/user/AestheticGamer

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great Obscure RPG Games

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Great Obscure RPG Games on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Lunarbulb

avatar
Hey guys, and yes many of us like games Aesthetic! So feel free to post obscure or indie RPG games in this topic thread thingy! Smile

2 Re: Great Obscure RPG Games on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Xenobuster

avatar
Secret of Mana
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve 1&2
Final Fantasy Tactics(this means the PS1 version and its port, War of the Lions)
FFXII(this one is rather obscure for a Final Fantasy game because it doesn't get too much love for being different from its brethren, and it was unheard of for a while except for those who actually looked for it))
Chocobo's Dungeon 1&2
Grandia 1-3


This is a huge bundle of the ones I felt were obscure, but there could be more.

3 Thanks! on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Lunarbulb

avatar
Hey thanks for posting some, gonna check em' out! Later i'll post some obscure ones I know.

4 Re: Great Obscure RPG Games on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Xenobuster

avatar
Lunarbulb wrote:Hey thanks for posting some, gonna check em' out! Later i'll post some obscure ones I know.

Alrighty Very Happy

5 Re: Great Obscure RPG Games on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:21 am

Lunarbulb

avatar
Xenobuster wrote:Secret of Mana
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve 1&2
Final Fantasy Tactics(this means the PS1 version and its port, War of the Lions)
FFXII(this one is rather obscure for a Final Fantasy game because it doesn't get too much love for being different from its brethren, and it was unheard of for a while except for those who actually looked for it))
Chocobo's Dungeon 1&2
Grandia 1-3


This is a huge bundle of the ones I felt were obscure, but there could be more.

I love how the majority were final fantasy! I've been interested in them on and off and their pretty cool!
Now here are two of mine.

Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall
-This one is a very obscure game due to the fact of how old it is and it was only on pc. It is the ancestor to the modern masterpiece of gaming, Skyrim. I fairly enjoyed Daggerfall for it is an old and weathered classic full of dungeon crawling and role-playing fun.

NeverWinter Nights 2
-This game is fairly obscure for most people don't even know there was a sequel to the first one. This game has much more to offer and is a very good game due to the replay value it held for me, and the many decisions you could make. Way too unknown for how great it was imo.

These games are held very dearly to my heart and it's a shame when I ask my friends and such about it and they have no clue. They need to be much more known. Sad

6 Re: Great Obscure RPG Games on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:34 am

Xenobuster

avatar
To be fair, Final Fantasy fans tend to be a bit biased and not play the ones that are too different from their norm with the exception of Chrystal Chronicals and the like, So you could say they were mostly SquareEnix/SquareSoft games, as some of them were made before Enix existed or even came to be from SquareSoft.

Parasite Eve is pretty known in some parts of the gaming community because of the semi-gory cutscenes and the way it played, which was a mix of RPG and shooter.

Secret of Mana on the other hand was a Super Nintendo game which featured Multiplayer on an RPG which was a first for games of their time.

7 Re: Great Obscure RPG Games on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:36 am

Xenobuster

avatar
Lunarbulb wrote:
Xenobuster wrote:Secret of Mana
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve 1&2
Final Fantasy Tactics(this means the PS1 version and its port, War of the Lions)
FFXII(this one is rather obscure for a Final Fantasy game because it doesn't get too much love for being different from its brethren, and it was unheard of for a while except for those who actually looked for it))
Chocobo's Dungeon 1&2
Grandia 1-3


This is a huge bundle of the ones I felt were obscure, but there could be more.

I love how the majority were final fantasy! I've been interested in them on and off and their pretty cool!
Now here are two of mine.

Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall
-This one is a very obscure game due to the fact of how old it is and it was only on pc. It is the ancestor to the modern masterpiece of gaming, Skyrim. I fairly enjoyed Daggerfall for it is an old and weathered classic full of dungeon crawling and role-playing fun.

NeverWinter Nights 2
-This game is fairly obscure for most people don't even know there was a sequel to the first one. This game has much more to offer and is a very good game due to the replay value it held for me, and the many decisions you could make. Way too unknown for how great it was imo.

These games are held very dearly to my heart and it's a shame when I ask my friends and such about it and they have no clue. They need to be much more known. Sad

I've played MorrowWind and I never knew of Daggerfall until now ;D That's a nice one to see, along with NeverWinter Nights 2, whose prequel was featured on Megatokyo! Both of these games were awesome to be made, but people didn't seem to find them...it makes me pretty sad ;3;

8 Re: Great Obscure RPG Games on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:49 am

Lunarbulb

avatar
Xenobuster wrote:
Lunarbulb wrote:
Xenobuster wrote:Secret of Mana
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve 1&2
Final Fantasy Tactics(this means the PS1 version and its port, War of the Lions)
FFXII(this one is rather obscure for a Final Fantasy game because it doesn't get too much love for being different from its brethren, and it was unheard of for a while except for those who actually looked for it))
Chocobo's Dungeon 1&2
Grandia 1-3


This is a huge bundle of the ones I felt were obscure, but there could be more.

I love how the majority were final fantasy! I've been interested in them on and off and their pretty cool!
Now here are two of mine.

Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall
-This one is a very obscure game due to the fact of how old it is and it was only on pc. It is the ancestor to the modern masterpiece of gaming, Skyrim. I fairly enjoyed Daggerfall for it is an old and weathered classic full of dungeon crawling and role-playing fun.

NeverWinter Nights 2
-This game is fairly obscure for most people don't even know there was a sequel to the first one. This game has much more to offer and is a very good game due to the replay value it held for me, and the many decisions you could make. Way too unknown for how great it was imo.

These games are held very dearly to my heart and it's a shame when I ask my friends and such about it and they have no clue. They need to be much more known. Sad

I've played MorrowWind and I never knew of Daggerfall until now ;D That's a nice one to see, along with NeverWinter Nights 2, whose prequel was featured on Megatokyo! Both of these games were awesome to be made, but people didn't seem to find them...it makes me pretty sad ;3;

Well if you enjoy hearing about Daggerfall the one before that which is "Highly" obscure is known as Elder Scrolls 1 Arena. Great classic that is full of merit, great ideas, and implementations for it's time.

9 Re: Great Obscure RPG Games on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:55 am

Xenobuster

avatar
Lunarbulb wrote:
Xenobuster wrote:
Lunarbulb wrote:
Xenobuster wrote:Secret of Mana
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve 1&2
Final Fantasy Tactics(this means the PS1 version and its port, War of the Lions)
FFXII(this one is rather obscure for a Final Fantasy game because it doesn't get too much love for being different from its brethren, and it was unheard of for a while except for those who actually looked for it))
Chocobo's Dungeon 1&2
Grandia 1-3


This is a huge bundle of the ones I felt were obscure, but there could be more.

I love how the majority were final fantasy! I've been interested in them on and off and their pretty cool!
Now here are two of mine.

Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall
-This one is a very obscure game due to the fact of how old it is and it was only on pc. It is the ancestor to the modern masterpiece of gaming, Skyrim. I fairly enjoyed Daggerfall for it is an old and weathered classic full of dungeon crawling and role-playing fun.

NeverWinter Nights 2
-This game is fairly obscure for most people don't even know there was a sequel to the first one. This game has much more to offer and is a very good game due to the replay value it held for me, and the many decisions you could make. Way too unknown for how great it was imo.

These games are held very dearly to my heart and it's a shame when I ask my friends and such about it and they have no clue. They need to be much more known. Sad

I've played MorrowWind and I never knew of Daggerfall until now ;D That's a nice one to see, along with NeverWinter Nights 2, whose prequel was featured on Megatokyo! Both of these games were awesome to be made, but people didn't seem to find them...it makes me pretty sad ;3;

Well if you enjoy hearing about Daggerfall the one before that which is "Highly" obscure is known as Elder Scrolls 1 Arena. Great classic that is full of merit, great ideas, and implementations for it's time.

OOooh!~ ;D I can tell you about Chocobo's Dungeon...8w8 such a cute game, but hardly anyone played it, even if Square tried milking it to get it popular.

10 Re: Great Obscure RPG Games on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:26 pm

bagelbites101

avatar
Dreamland R (RPG maker game, I believe)
:p I found it disturbing and horror filled.. But that might just be me.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum